The Certified Marine Technician is responsible for the repair and overhaul of boats, machinery and trailers. Full knowledge of Marine Motors, More than a basic knowledge of tools, Able to diagnose and fix problems, Knowledge to locate parts needed, Able to replace parts with no help, willingness to follow procedures, self-motivated
• Examines boat and effectively communicates the nature and extent of damage or malfunction with the service advisor
• Perform diagnostics and repair of all types of marine engines and transmissions/drive systems.
• Perform mechanical repair work such as: - Remove and repair engine, transom or outdrive - disassemble unit and inspect parts for wear - overhaul or replace carburetors, blowers, generators, distributors, starters, pumps, electrical and fuel systems - rebuild parts such as engine cylinder blocks - rewire ignition system, lights and instrument panel - install and repair accessories such as radios and marine electronics
• Operate a hydraulic jack or Forklift as needed.
• Advise shop management and insurance adjusters as to necessary repairs.
• Complete repair work utilizing service scheduler and RO's within the established timeframe
• Ensure all warranty work is completed according to manufacturer’s and Darrin’s Marine guidelines
• Safely operate Darrin’s Marine and customer vessels during diagnostic water testing operations
• Maintain Darrin’s Marine tools in good condition and according to guidelines
• Maintain and keep current with all certifications